stacy was here (and probably spinning....): my thoughts, the readers digest version

 

 

eye

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stacy Was Here :
Back at the Beginning

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

my thoughts, the readers digest version

I wrote a long blog entry with my reaction to the ideas Barak Obama brought up in his speech on racism today. I'm not posting it, at least not yet, because even writing it makes me feel woefully ignorant and inadequate to address such a weighty subject upon which I have so little credible experience.

What I will say, however, is that we have the opportunity to elect someone to the presidency who could potentially have an historical impact beyond what we've seen in our lifetimes. And not just because he would be president, but because he is inspiring, because he gives hope to people and reminds us that we have a responsibility to society and ourselves to be better people, and to leave the world a little better than when we got here. Bush will be relegated to the history as the most incompetant, least intelligent president in US history. We already passed up the opportunity to elect a Nobel Prize winner.

We are *lucky* to have the opportunity to vote for someone of his calibre. He would make a wonderful president, if only we are smart enough to elect him.

posted by Cat Named Eggroll @ 10:31 PM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Facebook Profile

     


    My Flickr Photos



    Powered by Blogger

    blogger counter