stacy was here (and probably spinning....): An update, on me (in which she will do her best to avoid bitching about politics)...

 

 

eye

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stacy Was Here :
Back at the Beginning

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

An update, on me (in which she will do her best to avoid bitching about politics)...

In bullet points, because I am le tired.

*you know what happens when you TA two classes and they both have exams on the same day? You end up with a huge effing pile of exams to grade. Like over 100 exams. Shoot me in the head.

*My shrink said I don't need to go in anymore unless I feel the need to. Been doing fine, no longer feel like human pharmacology experiment. Down to just birth control, wheeeeee. That's less meds than when the panic disorder hit in the first place, and a particular accomplishment given the toll the PTSD took on me.

*Found out person who assaulted me and my friend killed himself. Felt sad, and wondered what went so wrong in his life. Wonder what this says about me.

*Sold my first yarn!!! And the person loved it when she got it!!! Feel awesome, working on more spinning. Put more yarn up in shop. Expensively priced, but given how much effort went into it, would work out to about 20 cents an hour. *sigh* Realize this will only ever feed my fiber habit, not make me money.

*First milled soap a success. Still detest milling process, probably will not do again. Soap lovely, though, leaves skin feeling very clean and pleasantly soft. Huzzah.

*Have been planning road trip across US with Furry Husbeast. We are for sure stopping in the home of the jackalope, Mt. Rushmore, and the worlds largest ball of twine. Many ridiculous pictures to ensue, no doubt.

*Zelda has some big, nasty dental disease which I can pronounce and spell, but don't want to. She needs to have her back teeth pulled, poor baby :( She's basically allergic to the plaque on her teeth, so her immune system attacks the teeth and this leads to a lot of pain and inflamation in the mouth and upper throat. She's gotten a steroid injection to help ease the symptoms until we get our tax refund and can take her in for the procedure. I just want her better! But if someone has a spare $500 laying around, it would not go unappreciated.

*Might be taking an ethnobotany course with my mom! We'll get to camp and spend an entire day with Karuk basketweavers and herbalists. So. Effing. Excited.

*Have been shrinking again. Hope this trend continues as I don't want to get diabetes, thank you very much. Will attempt to encourage trend by ceasing my consumption of crap food. Tomorrow.

*The Getting Rid of Shit campaign continues apace. I am currently selling a wedding dress and a treadmill. Let me know if you are interested in either/both. Probably best if you live up here behind the redwood curtain, but I could at least ship the dress.

*My hair is getting longer, and it's in that damned prince valiant stage. grrrrrr. tempted to let it grow out again just so I never have to deal with it at this length again.

posted by Cat Named Eggroll @ 10:54 PM   5 comments

5 Comments:

At 7:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds very eventful for you my friend. I hope your trip planning goes well, perhaps you shall stop by here for some crumpets and coffee. It would be a pleasant surprise. My life is yet eventful, possibly a change of scenery for me is coming soon. I shall keep you informed.

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Meimur said...

If you happen to be driving across the boring state of Ohio on the turnpike...my apartment is literally about 1/4 mile away from an exit. You're welcome to crash here for a night!

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Cat Named Eggroll said...

Anonymous... email me and let me know where you're at so we can plan accordingly. Fuzzy wants to meet you, and I definitely want to see you. my email is shadowmousey@gmail.com.

Meimur... which fwy are you off of? As it stands we're planning to take the 80, but we can be flexible if it means visits :)

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Meimur said...

The Ohio Turnpike is route 80/90, so you'll be passing by me.

 
At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10827255

cost: $3

wearing fake Leia hair: priceless.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home