stacy was here (and probably spinning....)

 

 

eye

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stacy Was Here :
Back at the Beginning

Sunday, March 11, 2001

Ok, so I called my uncle Gene today, and confirmed that I will definitely be going to see him over spring break. It was so great to talk to him over the phone! He sounded weak, but after his surgery, I'm not surprised. They had to split his sternum, remove his heart, put him on a heart machine, and replace the bad veins and arteries in the back of his neck. Then they put his heart back in, fastened his sternum with wire, and sewed him back up. It's going to take him months to heal, but he sounded good, full of the same spirit I've known him to have. In a way this is a good thing. He's had this bloodclot in the back of his neck near his brain stem for a long time. There was always a bad danger that he would faint or drop dead at any moment, but they were afraid to do the surgery because it's so invasive, and complicated. Well, recently he had a stroke, so I guess they decided the surgery was necessary enough (he'd always said they were going to wait until he DID drop dead to do the surgery, lol.) In a way I'm relieved, because at least now the surgery is behind him, and hopefully the danger isn't so bad. I'll know more after spring break.
My mom and sister called me today, too :) I miss them so much, but I'm doing well here this semester, so I've decided not to transfer home. My mom wanted to tell me that she found me a trench coat at a used clothing store. I have the most awesome mother in the universe, really. I was teasing her, telling her she should be me one, but I was only joking because we both know she can't afford one at full price. So she went looking for one in a used clothes store, and found one practically new, with a wool lining that can be zipped in and out :) She's gonna send it to me tuesday when she gets it back from the cleaners :) Yay, Mom! Also, my Mom, Sister, and my sisters dad started counseling last week. My sister didn't want to go at first, because she thought it would suck, but it turns out that both my mom and sister really dig the psychologist, so things are going well. He promised my sister that they could play games next week :)
All in all things are going well. My friend Jen (the youth minister) has died her hair pink! So in the space of the past 6 months, she has gotten a tattoo, gotten her belly button pierced, and died her hair pink and chopped it all off. _ She's making me look conservative! How has this happened?!?!? I need to do something drastic to catch up... hmmmmmm..... any ideas?

posted by Cat Named Eggroll @ 6:41 PM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home