stacy was here (and probably spinning....)

 

 

eye

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stacy Was Here :
Back at the Beginning

Friday, February 22, 2002

The further along I get in the semester, the easier it gets for me to not be miserable. I doubt I'll ever be able to say I like it here again (that was a passing phase from last year), but every day existence is getting less and less excruciating. I think spring is definitely on it's way, and that has something to do with it. It's really kind of odd, when you think about t, but for as much as people distance themselves from natural cycles, spend a year in a place with actual seasons, and you'll really feel how much the seasons effect your state of mind. I never would have believed it before I came here, but it's completely true. When everything is grey, you're on your own to pull up your spirits... there aren't any birds chirping, or any flowers. And then when spring bursts out, it's amazing, color booms out everwhere, and it's like sensory overload. That hasn't happened yet, but it's coming, and I guess I've been here long enough to really feel anticipation for it. I woke up to a light dusting of snow from last night. Snow is nice when it's a nice thick layer, when everything is just blanketed in white and you can see it shimmer. After a while, though, the novelty wears off and I really start yearning for spring. The birds have been coming back within the past week, so that's a good sign :)

So whether it's the weather or not, I'm finding my way back into my comfort zone. I'm not falling into apathy, not by any stretch of the imagination, just a welcome sense of calm about things that have been stressing me out (like, oh, school for instance.) I'm getting ready to make my second cross-country move, which will be a really big change. I'll soon be inhabiting new space, space I've never occupied before (Northern California), with mostly new people (thank Jebus for M.E. going with me), and a whole new set of possibilities (one of which has absolutely nothing to do with the move...) This isn't a time to be running around in a funk or worried about everything. I am good at change, so dammit, I'm going to enjoy this one.

Knowing that I get to see my sister in a little over a month is making me really happy right now... I'll be even more pleased once the ink is dry on the plane tickets, and that should be happening within the next 4-5 days. Her and I just seem to get closer and closer each passing year, and I know that whatever happens, our closeness will remain a constant for the rest of my life. I miss her SOOOO much, and I'm really glad that she'll be able to meet all my friends out here before I leave this place. I can't take all of my friends with me, and the ones I'm leaving behind all want to meet her after hearing all my stories. Wait until they see the truth in my claim that she is a 10 year old version of me. ::insert diabolical laughter here:: I remember when she was six, and I taught her how to say "rectal-cranial inversion." THAT was beautiful. As was the time she made up the Happy Weed song at 5 (and doesn't, to this day, know what exactly happy weed is.) We are gonna have such a blast that week. Add OTB (the worlds largest 5year old), and watch the fun fly. Besides, if I am getting unacceptable levels of OTB, I'm SURE I can find some girl on campus to set him up with, and that will keep him entertained for a while. (let's face it... I attend an all girls college... I'm sure there will be someone on campus chasing after him. I bet I know who, too, and I'll give a hint to all my chatham people. She's got ISSUES. Discuss. And a note to OTB, too... I said she'd prolly chase after you, but not that you're likely to chase back. As a matter of fact, just note that she can't chase after you unless you're running in the other direction. Consider that my pseudo-sisterly advice of the week. You're all excited about the all girls school thing, but believe me when I say that it's not what you think. Besides, if you and Amie are prying me away from my computer, then we have to actually do something fun. I'm thinking that there will be some pond-wading and ice-blocking in our future, muahahahaha.)

BTW, almost ready to blog about that ever elusive thing I keep alluding to. Just need the right knickname (why? because everyone has one...) Hmmmmm....

posted by Cat Named Eggroll @ 10:16 AM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home