stacy was here (and probably spinning....)

 

 

eye

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stacy Was Here :
Back at the Beginning

Sunday, March 03, 2002

Ok, so we've established that I'm not fond of Pittsburgh, but to be fair, and to show M.E. that I'm not totally aversed to her city, I will admit that there are some cool things about Pittsburgh. Like walking out your door and finding that everything is covered in a pure white sparkling blanket of snow (though I will say that the novelty wears of quickly, it's still breathtaking.) Or when winter is approaching it's end, and you've been staggering around at half keel for months, stuck in the grey moods that it brings on, and you see one tiny, struggling flower bursting through, and it brightens your day up so much. In CA, it doesn't every get grey for that long, so the flowers never really completely go away, and you just take it for granted. Here, with actual seasons, you become so in tune with the seasons that they effect your mood, so one little flower can make all the difference in the world. This coming from a professed flower cynic (used to work at a flower shop, for a year and a half, in high school.) It's not that I'm against them, per se, I just like them better in the ground. And yeah, leaving work today because I'm not feeling so great, I was walking out of the dining hall and I saw this little runt of an Iris peeking out of the ground. It was so small it looked like a midget version, very purple with hearty yellow accents, and I ached for my camera, which of course was in my room. Maybe if I'm feeling better later I'll go take a picture of it.

posted by Cat Named Eggroll @ 9:31 AM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home