stacy was here (and probably spinning....): Coolest. Mom. Ever.

 

 

eye

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stacy Was Here :
Back at the Beginning

Monday, February 23, 2004

Coolest. Mom. Ever.

So my mother. A few years ago when the whole Prop 22 was on the ballot me and her got into a hugemongous fight over the whole gay marriage thing. She wasn't necessarily against gays having their own civil union things, she just didn't think it should be called marriage, and she didn't think they should be able to adopt. This, naturally, was completely repulsive to me, and we had a very long, very loud argument about it.

Fast forward to today. I asked her what she thought about the whole San Francisco thing, and she said that she thinks it's fine that gays are getting married, but that unfortunately she thinks it'll probably get struck down in the courts. It's nice to know that, after years of loving my closest gay friends as if they were her own children, she's finally come around, and it makes me really proud that she's my mom. Woot, indeed.

posted by Cat Named Eggroll @ 6:50 PM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home