stacy was here (and probably spinning....)

 

 

eye

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stacy Was Here :
Back at the Beginning

Thursday, August 05, 2004

bleh. today sucked. like by a lot.

* ...but first... Fuzzy took me to see Rasputina last night, for my first time. Can I even say how much I love this band? Like for really even. They're one of the very few bands that you can listen to and not ever think of another band that sounds like them. And seriously, I can't even express how impressive they are in person. Fuzzy isn't into them at all, and even he was blown away by the skill they ooze out of every pore. The only more impressive cellist I've ever seen is Yo Yo Ma, and I want to have Yo Yo Ma's babies. And this was totally different because of the style of music. So much intensity, plus the fact that they're singing and perfectly synched up with one another. It was just phenomenal. And they played my 2 favorite songs within the first 15 minutes on stage. best. concert. ever. Two years is definitely the Rasputina anniversary.

* After standing up for like 5 hours for the concert, however, I feel like suck. My legs hurt, but something else hurts and I don't know what the fuck it is, I can only point at it if you ask. And it hurts like hell. I feel like an alien is going to come bursting out of my body.

* Today my grandmother passed out and stopped breathing. Fortunately I wasn't the only one home, so Rod and Fuzzy got her to the couch while I called 911. She came around and all, in time to stubbornly refuse to go to the hospital, and spent the rest of the night sleeping on the couch until my uncle came home and put her in her bed. This, needless to say, has created a load of conflicting feelings in me, and I can only imagine what it's going to be like when she really dies. Don't really know what to say about this.

posted by Cat Named Eggroll @ 12:09 AM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home