stacy was here (and probably spinning....)

 

 

eye

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stacy Was Here :
Back at the Beginning

Monday, February 18, 2002

Just got an excellent Valentines Day card from my mom. Sure it's a bit late, but that's her style, so it wouldn't be the same if it had gotten here on time. It's a really awesome card too... not the best Valentine I recieved this year (that award goes to the other one I recieved, online... what can I say, I'm not real popular, but the ones I did get are pure quality...), but it's excellent from my mom. She doesn't do the whole greeting card thing much, so when I do get one, it's really cool. From what she told me, I should be getting one soon from my sister, too. WooHooo!

So I was talking to my friend JJ the other night during excursion one in the Chatham Van, and she was saying that she just feels sick of waiting for her life to start, and it got me thinking about things. I, too, tend to feel like I'm in constant wait mode, but the more I think about it, the more I think that it's really about constantly having a goal to push for. The quote I posted from Cane talks about how ludicrious it is to want to be happy all the time, and I would tend to agree with that. Anything that is too level or too easy just stagnates and turns to apathy. So it's not that I'm waiting for my life to begin, because that would imply that I have my whole life mapped out before me, and nothing could be further from the truth. I have goals, and dreams, and lately tons of daydreams, and all of them of things that I would like to happen. And once they do come to pass, by then I will have new goals and dreams piling on top of the old ones. I think that life is a constant push upward. And by this time next year, I want to be at Humboldt studying English, and at some point sharing and showing my state with the person who has been monopolizing my attention span for the past few months.

Speaking of which, I'm dying to spill my brain about something I've holding out on for a while now. Why not just go for it? Well, first of all, I don't know if the party this regards would care to be the subject of conversation amongst my small-but-growing number of readers, and second I'm afraid to jinx myself. We'll see...

posted by Cat Named Eggroll @ 8:59 AM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Facebook Profile

     


    My Flickr Photos



    Powered by Blogger

    blogger counter