stacy was here (and probably spinning....)

 

 

eye

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stacy Was Here :
Back at the Beginning

Monday, March 04, 2002

Whole bunch of randomness:

Things I miss about Home:
1. Mom and sister Amie.
2. My friends.
3. My car (read my freedom, my mobility, private concert hall, etc.) I miss being able to roll up the windows, turn up the radio, and sing as loud as I want knowing that no one outside my car can hear me.
4. The ocean.
5. Nights galavanting around in the Misdemeanor Mobile v. 2.0 with Phug and Stdiva, talking about Mockery and planning general malfeasances. Oh, and planning to take over the world at our Denny's Headquarters.
6. Swimming in the ocean and seeing Dolphins no more than 10 feet away.
7. Being able to drive for hours in any direction and know exactly where I am.
8. The weather. Being able to go out into my front yard at night, lay down in the grass, look up at the stars, without a jacket.
9. Knowing about 100 different ways to get damn near anywhere.
10. Running to Molcasalsa with Sings with her Spirit or Phug to stock up on carne asada goodness.

Things I love about Pittsburgh:
1. The friends I've made here: WotWot, Meimur (aka the GBD), M.E., and everyone. I'm too lazy to type all the names, dammit, but you all know who you are. And if you don't know, you should know.
2. Actual seasons. I *usually* like this.
3. The fact that there is an actual restaurand named "Joe Mammas." Italian food.
4. Riding around on the Pitt Shuttle for no apparent reason other than to escape the bubble for a while.
5. Being Diva of the Dance Cave in my room.

Things I Hate about Pittsburgh:
1. Lack of ocean.
2. Distance from my family and friends.
3. Cold weather. Today the high is 19 degrees. 19. Freaking. Degrees. Hear that? It's the sound of my face chipping off.
4. Absense of my car.
5. The word "pop."
6. The tendency of natives here to omit the words "to be" from sentences where "to be" should be. Example: "His shirt needs to be washed." becomes "His shirt needs washed." *twitch*
7. No good Mexican Food... grrrrrr... ::note to self: request carne asada burrito be sent with sister to Pittsburgh; end note to self::

Some things to 'fess up to:
1. Yes I am ticklish, as a matter of fact, but people have been known to get hurt by my wild body-flailings when I am tickled, so you may want to be careful when you exact your "revenge." ;)
2. Yes I've saved everything. Everything. Everything Everything Everything. (Goober!!!!)
3. WotWot and I spent 2 hours last night skipping through launch cast looking for "Wild Horses." Finally found it. God I love that song.
4. Really want to see me smile? Come visit. I doubt I'd stop smiling the entire time.

Reasons for M.L. to come visit me in California (note, this list is never complete.):
1. California is beautiful. There are countless breathtaking places just in *Southern* California, and I'm not even that fond of Southern California. Central and Northern California are just too breathtaking for words.
2. No one knows California better than me. In my infinite boredom during my formative years, I have explored damn near every inch of Southern California, as well as amassed an impressive knowledge of the best places north of Ventura.
3. Finally find out what M.L. means. Muahahahahaha.
4. Fascinating study in the way religions relate to one another: My family. There's me: Pagan, my mom: congregational Christian (non-practicing), Amie: formerly of Lutheran School fame, basically Christian, but develops serious pagan leanings the older she gets, my grandmother: Jewish, and my uncle: uhrm... something about Aliens cultivating our society? What happens when these people collide in the same house? One thing I can promise you, it's never ever dull.
5. Interesting view into the sordid lives of native Californians. This may include a trip to see Rocky Horror live, a daunting journey through WeHo, or *ghasp* a tour through Disneyland by a jaded ex-employee.
6. Three words: Excellent Ethnic Food... especially Mexican Food, which is my particular forte.
7. Two words: Road Trip.
8. One word: Me.

posted by Cat Named Eggroll @ 10:45 AM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home