stacy was here (and probably spinning....): writing

 

 

eye

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stacy Was Here :
Back at the Beginning

Saturday, July 22, 2006

writing

so, I've been experiencing a burst of creativity ever since I got my big burst a couple nights ago... I'm going to draw pretty heavily on my experiences at Chatham, which works in a very critical way because I haven't stopped thinking about that place since the day I left it. If I do a great job, get the dynamic down and get my characters across well, who knows, maybe I'll never have to really leave it?

I found this quote on
yarn harlot:

As a writer, I need an enormous amount of time alone. Writing is 90 percent procrastination: reading magazines, eating cereal out of the box, watching infomercials. It's a matter of doing everything you can to avoid writing, until it is about four in the morning and you reach the point where you have to write. Having anybody watching that or attempting to share it with me would be grisly.
- Paul Rudnick

If thats true, I've got 90% of the process down pat!

posted by Cat Named Eggroll @ 7:14 PM   1 comments

1 Comments:

At 7:02 PM, Blogger Meimur said...

I think that whole quote is totally how I got through all my history papers during college. I don't think I ever started writing a paper before midnight, the night before it was due...maybe 10-11ish if I had two papers due on the same day. Maybe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home