stacy was here (and probably spinning....): 2007 at last...

 

 

eye

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stacy Was Here :
Back at the Beginning

Monday, January 01, 2007

2007 at last...

So, on the whole, 2006 was pretty craptacular. My grandma Mary died, I suffered from asthma and anxiety attacks, school stress, illness for both me and Fuzzy, and in general not much time to really just sit back and enjoy life. Aside from the wedding, there's not much of 2006 that I'm going to miss.

On the other hand, it's not like no progress has been made this year. I've gotten closer to figuring out what I want to do with my life, we've started on plans to make major changes in the relatively near future, started thinking about children and the other acoutrements of actual adulthood, had our first Christmas as a married couple, and worked through lots of little every day things that help build up the backbone of every relationship.

Things started to turn up a bit at the end of the year. I finally went on the anti-anxiety meds the doctor recommended, and things started to fall into place. I decided that struggling and making myself sick just to become an adequate biologist isn't worth it, that I'd rather exert myself to become a really stellar physical anthropologist. I feel really comfortable with this decision, really positive about it. I finally feel like I'm in my element, something I never felt in English or Biology. I have a deep natural curiosity for anthropology, one I didn't feel when I took Cultural Anthropology, perhaps because it was my first semester at Humboldt State, before I grew disgruntled with the English major. Maybe the time just wasn't right. At any rate, I've found it now and I'm ready for it.

For 2007, I want to enjoy school again before I take my break. I want to test out a full semester of Anthro classes and make sure it's the right decision. I want to explore my options and get ready for the peace corps. I want to enjoy my time and write more of my novel and take more photos and just appreciate everything more than I could as a stressed out bio major.

I'm not making a resolution because those always get broken no matter how hard you try not to. I just want to not feel like theres a hundred-pound weight on my chest all the time.

We're flying out to western NY in a week and a half. I'm incredibly nervous that his family won't like me, but I'm really excited about getting to see where he grew up and spent his life before he met me. I'm also just plain excited to be going somewhere thats not California for a little while. It'll be a nice break.

Happy 2007 everyone. Make it your best one yet.

posted by Cat Named Eggroll @ 5:02 PM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Facebook Profile

     


    My Flickr Photos



    Powered by Blogger

    blogger counter