stacy was here (and probably spinning....): things come together

 

 

eye

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stacy Was Here :
Back at the Beginning

Sunday, January 21, 2007

things come together

So first, the trip. I love the area Chris is from. It's that perfect balance for me between city and small town. It's not so small that you don't have all the stores you want to go to, its not so small that the place is full of yokels *cough*Humboldt County*cough*, but it's not so big that I panic bout things like crime and parking. Chris's family and friends are all lovely, and I think they liked me (at least I really really hope they did, because I liked all of them), in fact, his Grandma had a whole other Christmas feast/family gathering on account of us being there :) It was awesome, and ohmygodthefoodwasamazing! Not too much snow, just enough to be pretty and make the driving interesting, LoL. Saw the falls, which were impressive and loud, went about ten feet into Canada, which was cool. Miss it all already, wanted to like University of Buffalo, but their physical anthropology program didn't do much in the way of impressing me. I *really* wanted to like it, because I would like to move out there, but it just didn't happen. Got a little depressed on this count, and a little panicky because I want to move out there and it would make Chris really happy, but! the good news! I've been looking into the University of Toronto, which is like 2 hours away, but still the closest school with a good program for me, and it's really not so far :) So I'm feeling really happy about that, I just look at the webpage and get the feeling that that's where I'm going to end up going.

Started school, ohmygod, best. classes. ever. I haven't been this happy with my classes since Chatham. I dropped Anthro & Development because the subject just didn't hold much interest for me, and I'd rather focus that energy to my other classes, even though I'd bet my very existence that I'm going to get straight A's this semester. I'm also planning to stay in school for next year, if at all possible. Need to finegle money for this as I've hit the unit cap for financial aid. Can you feel how excited I am, because I don't think you can. I finally *know* what I want to do with my life. And it feels so good I can't even describe it.

We're working on fattening Zelda up a bit, because she's a bit skinny. So far, so good, been feeding her kitten food because it has more fat and protein to hopefully put some weight on her. She seems to be enjoying it, which is good. And now? I'm off to read about primates :)

posted by Cat Named Eggroll @ 9:25 AM   2 comments

2 Comments:

At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you finally found your path in life, things are looking up for you. I am very happy for you my friend. "All's well that ends well".

 
At 7:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot that Ive been sick since 2006 and Not getting any better so for 2007 to be good I better get better...or ill be disgruntled

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Facebook Profile

     


    My Flickr Photos



    Powered by Blogger

    blogger counter