stacy was here (and probably spinning....)

 

 

eye

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stacy Was Here :
Back at the Beginning

Monday, March 26, 2001

Well, I survived Kentucky!!! (and there was much rejoicing... yay...) Uncle Gene is doing ok, though he's still in pain, and his wit is as sharp as ever..

I got to drive, and eat actual food, and watch movies, and crack jokes with one of my favorite relatives for the whole week. It was great :) He also let me borrow a whole bunch of pictures from his childhood and days in the Navy during WWII. I'm going to scan them and burn them onto a CD so that they'll be preserved in case something happens to the originals. I'll also post some of them in different places on my site.

Still no luck obtaining my W2's. I called the paycheck company, and was blown off completely. The girl called me back and said she wouldn't tell me anything because I'm not her contact person. This tells me 2 things: #1, they still have them somewhere, or have lost them, and #2, it is in some way their fault that I don't have them. This is fine. I've got my mom looking for my last paycheck so that I can get the info I need to call the IRS, and I fully intend to file a nasty complaint about her and her company when I do. She can blow me off all she wants, but it will have reprocussions for her. I hate it when people use "office policies" as an excuse to be rude and unhelpful.

It's nice to be back, even if it did snow the night I came back into Pittsburgh. The cold has to end eventually, right? *sigh* At least my mom sent my coat, so I should get it soon. There's supposed to be other goodies in there too. I also had a letter from one of my friends in my mailbox waiting for me, which did a lot to elevate my spirits.

All in all, things are somewhere between mediocre and tollerable. I'm sick, so that doesn't help, and I'm readjusting slowly to being back at school. Fortunately I have good friends here to help me pass the time. I got a B+ on a paper for my Shakespeare, and a B on a mid-term for American Lit, so academically I'm doing ok. English is my major, and my 3 english professors are all tough graders, so B's are decent, even though I'd rather they were A's

Hope everyone is doing well. Post on my message board, dammit.

Stacy

posted by Cat Named Eggroll @ 2:29 PM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home