stacy was here (and probably spinning....)

 

 

eye

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stacy Was Here :
Back at the Beginning

Sunday, October 06, 2002

So today was interesting. And yes, I know that it's now actually tomorrow, as I write this, but go with me on this one.

There's been somewhat of a setback to the Getting-Wendy-the-hell-out-of-Dodge campaign, but we are currently working on an alternate plan, the details of which I am not yet at liberty to divulge. Suffice it to say I am told there is a backup emergency plan, and we'll see what happens.

Walked into town with Michelle today. All told we walked about a total of three miles, and I wasn't tired at all at the end of that. Maybe I'm not as out of shape as I thought I was. At any rate, I fell like I could go and do it again right now, but since it's late and dark and there's no one to go with me, we'll leave that to another day. Tomorrow I'm going to start out in the aerobics room in the campus commons. I'll keep y'all posted on this one. I suspect that any good start I make may be stunted by my inevitable affliction later this week. Maybe working out will lessen it a bit? Again, we'll see.

So today, on our foray into town I was reminded of why I love it here. First off, no matter where you look it's beautiful in all directions. All the grafitti is socially aware. People with dreadlocks congregate in the middle of the town square and just laze about. Today we got to see the sidewalk chalk art that the city sets up once a year. All the businesses sponsor an artist to do a square for them. Some of them were simply amazing, the use of color, the details. Some were just funny, like one that displayed a very shocked looking man wearing glasses and looking at a painting, with a caption that says "Picasso gets glasses." Har. We stopped at Wildberries Market, which for southern Californians is a bit like Mother's. For you PA people, well, you're out of luck, I don't recall anything remotely like it there. Basically, everything they sell is natural and organic. All the produce is guaranteed pesticide free. And they care the entire line of Burts Bees stuff, along with all sorts of natural goodies. It's Purrrrrific. We also went to Longs, which is CA's equivalent to CVS, or Rite Aid. And no shit, they carry the entier Kama Sutra line. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, Honey Dust... *insert Homer-esque happy noises hereI* At a drug store. Yes. Finally we made our way back to campus, had dinner, and I trudged up the hill. Thats always the worst part, making it up that stupid hill.

Yesterday (or Saturday), we went to the mall and I applied for yet more jobs. I think someone sprayed me with job repellant or something, because things just aren't going well for yours truly on that count. Hopefully this week will yield something promising.

posted by Cat Named Eggroll @ 11:52 PM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Facebook Profile

     


    My Flickr Photos



    Powered by Blogger

    blogger counter