stacy was here (and probably spinning....)

 

 

eye

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stacy Was Here :
Back at the Beginning

Monday, September 30, 2002

Today has been officially decent.

At Archery this morning, we got to shoot at balloons. It was interesting really. At first I felt like I was at a carnival, but after the satisfying bang every time I hit one, I enjoyed it a bit more. The instructor says we can bring in pictures to shoot at instead of balloons.... hmmmmmm *insert wicked grin here*

Classes were classes, not much to say there, really, except that I'm extremely glad that I'm an English major. Any time I have a writing assignment in a non-English class, I feel ridiculously prepared and always do well.

After that went to my interview at the Athletic Dept on campus. I think I have a good chance of getting it. It's only 4-5 hours a week, but that's 4-5 hours a week that I am currently NOT working and NOT getting paid for, so who am I to complain? Besides, if the I get the job in the Community Relations dept, that would probably also be around 5 hours a week, so I figure if all else fails, I can amass a collection of jobs with miniscule hours and somehow scrape up enough to equal one job of approximately 20 hours a week. That, and the girl that interviewed me is graduating at the end of the semester, and said that I'd be a good candidate for her position, which offers more hours and includes office stuff that I have experience in. Towards the end she almost slipped and told me she'd call me about my shif-- I mean email me to let me know her decision. Methinks that could possibly be a good sign.

Also on the job front, found out that Cosmic Debris is hiring. So I applied online, hopefully I'll hear back from them. For those who don't know, I want to be Emily the Strange when I grow up. ;) That and it would help me give my web sills a serious boost, which would be great. By my nearly compulsive redesigning habits, I'm assuming that anyone reading this would realize how much I dig building websites, so the more I can learn, the better.

I've been perusing the list of apartments around here currently available. Currently it looks like I'll be going for a studio, which isn't quite what I was hoping for, but it's better than living on campus with the WOOOOO people, and at least then Wendy could move out here. Hell, we've shared a single room before, I think a studio would accomodate us nicely, really. I did hear word from a friend in one of my classes that if I'm willing to commute a little farther, the rent drops dramatically.... hmmmmm... must investigate this possibility... if I remember correctly, her and a roommate split a 2 bedroom, 2 story townhouse for $500/month.... woot!

Tomorrow promises to include adventures in the Financial Aid office. Hopefully it will also include more info regarding the hypothetical thousand-dollar refund check I should hypothetically be getting. Updates forthcoming.

posted by Cat Named Eggroll @ 5:08 PM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home