stacy was here (and probably spinning....)

 

 

eye

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stacy Was Here :
Back at the Beginning

Monday, March 10, 2003

so today I talked to the head of the biology department at my school, to get his opinion on the whole double major idea. he said a lot of things, I don't remember every word, but basically I came to the conclusion that it would be better to get a minor in bio or marine bio, and then get my masters degree in Marine Biology. here's why: If I double major, I'm looking at spending another 3 years working on my bachelors degree, and that will be 7 years total. If I get the minor in bio, it'll be about 1 year extra, and then take me 2-3 years for a masters degree. the minor will give me enough of a science background to get me into most problems, especially if I pull off high enough grades, and then I would have a bachelors and a masters degree in roughly the same time it would take me to graduate with a double major. what this means, however, is that I'd be at Humboldt for 2 more years (after this one), which is the thing I'm not sure I'm sold on. still have a lot to think about on this, so we'll see what happens. I could still double major, this way just sounds more practical, especially money and time wise. plus, like Dr. Boyd said, a masters is a high enough degree for basically anything except teaching, in these fields. I don't need a doctorate to be a Marine Biologist, and if I get into the stuff that I am thinking about, I think I'd be happier than if I become a college professor. much to think about.

today has been laid back but I am way tired.

posted by Cat Named Eggroll @ 4:21 PM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home