stacy was here (and probably spinning....): 4/20

 

 

eye

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stacy Was Here :
Back at the Beginning

Thursday, April 21, 2005

4/20

So yesterday was definitely interesting. It was April 20th, and, as many of you know, I live very near the marijuana capital of the northern hemisphere. I'm sure people in other places smoke out in celebration of the date, but here, it's a whole different beast. Here, it's something on par with the fourth of July or new years eve. Parking was an absolute nightmare, and you could go up and down the streets and see a good portion of the cars brandishing tickets. Great masses of the mangy unwashed were literally just heading for the trees, and strange vehicles leaking smoke kept secreting dreadlocked heads, bare feet, and naked babies.

In the Bio 104 classroom, I always had the same seat, and someone had written hippies=hypocrites on the back of one of the seats in front of me. This is most definitely true of most of them, seeing as how these people are environmentalists the other 364 days out of the year, but on 4/20 they have no qualms whatsoever with wandering into the forest, tearing up flowers and plants, leaving their garbage behind, and just generally leaving destruction in their wakes. It's all bullshit, really, just people trying to fit in, only instead of doc martens and eyeliner, the must-have item is a cause. Well, a cause and billowing clothing.

I leave tomorrow for the funeral, which entails me spending 18 hours on busses and trains. I'm glad to be going, and I'm supposed to see friends I haven't seen in a while and all that, but I just kind of feel drained, or like a balloon after all the airs been let out of it. I have a lot to do today before I go, so I probably won't be able to relax too much, but it wouldn't help anyway. It's going to be hot at home, and seeing as it was in the 70's here yesterday and I was miserable, that's going to suck hard. But hey, at least there's the mexican food.

posted by Cat Named Eggroll @ 9:28 AM   1 comments

1 Comments:

At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shouldn't that make them "hippiecrits?"

Seriously, let's get the hippie drill built and go to work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Facebook Profile

     


    My Flickr Photos



    Powered by Blogger

    blogger counter