stacy was here (and probably spinning....): in the last week....

 

 

eye

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stacy Was Here :
Back at the Beginning

Friday, April 21, 2006

in the last week....

I have:

*thought of having myself committed

*felt like I was going to spontaneously combust

*gone to the health center to beg for something to help me sleep/eat/concentrate/not cry all the time

*been refered to the counseling center where I talked to a very nice lady who seemed to be very competent and interested in helping me, but it's hard to help someone who has already asked herself all the questions and told herself all the advice you have to offer. The perils of being so eself aware and so self-examining is that it's hard to find someone to help you when you find your methods inadequate.

*had a really great talk with my OChem professor, who is really awesome and made me feel a lot better about myself and about life in general. and did a lot to greatly reduce my stress.

*worried a lot about Fuzzy's health. turns out we're both doing craptaculrarly.

Some of those things may sound like slight exaggerations, but none of them are. not one. It's really tough, especially if you're me, to admit that it's all too much for you, that you need help, that you can't do everything you need to do. It's been pretty humiliating, really. But now I think whats left on my plate might be manageable. I get my second Chem 110 test back tomorrow, which will determine a lot about my stress level for the rest of the semester.

Funny story, though. My brother (the oldest one, who tends to be pretty full of himself, and can really dish out his share of shit about other people) has developed a case of Bell's Palsy. For those who don't know, it's where half/one side of your face becomes temporarily paralyzed. Notice I emphasized the temporary, because that's what makes the whole thing funny. My dad and family are taking full advantage of the situation to get in plenty of digs before he goes back to normal, and have taken to calling him "retard face". Maybe I'm going to hell, but I've been giggling about it for the last two days. Chris does a marvelous impression of it every time I mention it.

posted by Cat Named Eggroll @ 10:09 PM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home