stacy was here (and probably spinning....): my first glove

 

 

eye

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stacy Was Here :
Back at the Beginning

Saturday, April 01, 2006

my first glove

as displayed by the hand of Fuzzy....





The pattern is adapted from the glove pattern in The Knitters Handy Book of Patterns, which I swear is the most useful knitting book ever, like by a lot. you can do any of the patterns in any gauge with any yarn you like, and they include useful tips for all of them. I was just going to make him fingerless mitts, which would have been easier, but what the hell, it made me learn something new and useful, so I didn't mind. The yarn is Cascade Pastaza, which is half wool, half lama, and totally yummy. It was my one purchase on our field trip to generations, and it's too expensive to make a big thing out of, but one skein is plenty to make the second glove for him and I'll prolly have 1/3 left over, by the looks of it. I got a skein to make me a pair as well, although I think mine will have a little longer cuff (which Fuzzy didn't want.) All in all, gloves are not as scary as I thought they would be (just like socks.)

Labels:

posted by Cat Named Eggroll @ 12:17 PM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home