stacy was here (and probably spinning....): Was it something I said?

 

 

eye

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stacy Was Here :
Back at the Beginning

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Was it something I said?

Geeze, I thought I'd at least get a smart-assed response to that last question from Phug, but nothing? Either you guys have never though of it (which is possible, but not necessarily probable), or posting about it on a public website is a little unnerving... fair enough. Here's one thats a little less extreme.... I've started the writing part, at least the sort of free writing that eventually leads to something that will hopefully be worth reading. It's going well, and the process feels really good somehow, and I'm sorta self-conscious about it because I haven't written for enjoyment, mine or anyone elses, in a loooong time. Part of the reason it's so enjoyable is because I get to relive my time at Chatham, the good parts especially, because I'm basing the scenery and some of the characters on those memories. It feels like home, in a way, I guess you could say. Anyway, now that I've started the writing part, I'm starting to think about getting it read, both when it's all written, and in smaller bits along the way. So let me know if you want to read what I'm working on. Here's what I want from you:

*honesty. If you don't like something, tell me so.
*criticism I can use. Don't just say "it sucks", tell me what you didn't like and why, what you did like, what just sounded wierd, if I'm using too many ridiculous words, etc.
*tact. Please don't crush me completely, I'm a big sensitive here.

It would help if you're into mystery fiction, but not necessary... Also, I'm going to limit this to people I actually know, just because it's hard enough to trust your ideas and characters to someone else without them being a total stranger. So drop me a comment if you're interested.

posted by Cat Named Eggroll @ 4:02 PM   4 comments

4 Comments:

At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about letting your new sister in-law read it?

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Cat Named Eggroll said...

That would be awesome :) Do you want to read it chapter by chapter as I write it? Or more towards the end when I have more finished? I have chapter 1 pretty well done, at least a decent draft for now... Chapter 2 is pretty craptacular so far, I'm gonna shelve it for a couple days and then take a better crack at it. If you want I'll send the two to you this weekend-ish :) I can't wait for you guys to come visit :)

 
At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chapters are fine. Thats cool that you write and all. Elizabeth and Steven just finished A DVD type thing of your wedding. Its actully good... except the picture of me but oh well.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Cat Named Eggroll said...

I have our DVD that a friend of the family took for us... once my new computer is here I'm going to condense it down onto one DVD and start making copies of it for everyone. There's a great segment of Timmy dancing solo to the song from Napoleon Dynomite, heehee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Facebook Profile

     


    My Flickr Photos



    Powered by Blogger

    blogger counter