stacy was here (and probably spinning....): the friday 5! my old friend!

 

 

eye

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stacy Was Here :
Back at the Beginning

Friday, March 06, 2009

the friday 5! my old friend!

I've been going through my archives lately and found my old amigo, the friday 5, so here goes:

  • On March 6, 1869, Dmitri Mendeleev presented the first Periodic Table of the Elements to the Russian Chemical Society. What memories do you have of your high-school chemistry course?
    My high school chemistry course sucked, therefor I will tell you about the time me and Phug started making up the Periodic Table of Civil Rights Figures. Ah, who could forget good old caesarchavezium?

  • On March 6, 1899, the Bayer company registered aspirin as a trademark. When did you last take medication for pain?
    It's been a while, actually... I think like 2 weeks. WOW. That's just bizarre, and I think it's possibly because I'm awesome.

  • On March 6, 1853, Giuseppe Verdi’s opera La Traviata premiered in Venice. How do you feel about opera?
    I enjoy opera, but I kind of have to be in the mood for it. Actually, I have a video of La Traviata that I taped off of PBS... hmmmm...

  • On March 6, 1947, American film director Rob Reiner (Meathead!) was born. Which of these Reiner-directed films have you seen, and what do you think of them?
    The Bucket List (2007)
    Rumor Has It… (2005)
    Alex & Emma (2003)
    The Story of Us (1999)
    Ghosts of Mississippi (1996)
    The American President (1995)
    North (1994)
    A Few Good Men (1992)
    Misery (1990)
    When Harry Met Sally… (1989)
    The Princess Bride (1987)
    Stand by Me (1986)
    The Sure Thing (1985)
    This Is Spinal Tap (1984)
    wow... I guess I kind of suck.
  • On March 6, 1972, American basketball-player Shaquille O’Neal was born. How do you feel about basketball?
    Normally sort of indifferent... I like to go see sports live, though, even if it means hearing my mom threaten to inflict bodily injury on a high school kid for rooting for the opposing team whilst seated on our side.

Labels:

posted by Cat Named Eggroll @ 6:54 PM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home