stacy was here (and probably spinning....)

 

 

eye

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stacy Was Here :
Back at the Beginning

Wednesday, September 05, 2001

**Beware! This is not a post for the easily offended!**

There's this girl at my school who, for the sake of argument, I will call FCCL (future creepy cat lady.) FCCL is currently a sophomore in college who can't be assigned a one-page paper without freaking out about it, apparently over-stressed. She lives on campus, but almost never shows up to dinner, and takes every available opportunity to go home (which, apparently, is less than 10 minutes away.) Most of the time, her mother ends up doing her assignments for her. FCCL takes mountains of notes, and tape records lectures, but as far as I can tell, doesn't actually do anything with all of this information. She's unable to make it to class on time, even though there is no percievable reason for her not to. She misses meetings because she forgets or writes down the wrong time. This happens constantly. She almost never turns her assignments in on time, if at all. She scared her roommate away last year when said roommate woke in the middle of the night to find FCCL staring at her. She stares at everybody!!! This girl has something seriously wrong with her, and she really shouldn't be in college as far as I'm concerned. She can't get through the normal functions of college life without someone holding her hand through everything, and even doing her assignments for her. Unless someone comes to get her, she misses important things like room draw and registration. And yet, she's here, being thoroughly creepy to everyone with her wierd stares. She's even going on the London trip, and because she orbits around some of my friends and therefor imagins that we are part of the same social circle, she's probably expecting me to acknowledge her existence while we're there. NOT HAPPENING!!! I am sooooo sick of people making excuses for this girl. If she wigs out at the slightest mention of a paper, and can't even show up to registration, then she shouldn't be in college. She will never be able to hold down a job, and she is thoroughly creepy, so it's no wonder why no one will hire her. My LAST trip to London was seriously tempered by the fact that I was surrounded by immature idiots. I will not have this one made any less than thoroughly enjoyable by her. As far as I'm concerned, the two weeks we are there, she doesn't exist to me. And yes, this probably does make me a bitch, but maybe if people didn't make excuses for her all the time and were a little more up front about her wierdness, she'd adapt and hopefully become at least one smidgen closer to normal.

Tomorrow should be interesting. I have three meetings. Two of them are at 11:30. One is for the writing fellows program, which I am getting grad-level credit for, and the other is for my work study job. This is going to be crazy, I think. Hopefully I'll be able to swing this. I'm still really excited about my pagan shindig on Friday. Mystery person one, whom McQ calls my doppelganger, is almost as excited as me. I get good vibes from her via email, so hopefully the same will be true in person. I finally heard from the last person I invited. Turns out she didn't get my original invitation, so I sent her the details. I hope she can come. If everyone shows, there will be seven of us in all so far. I'm going to make flyers to post on my campus, and those close by, even though I've already dropped links a couple of places on the 'net. I think this thing is gonna fly well.

I'm still agonizing over my one studio art class. I'm determined not to give up, but it's really hard not to be intimidated. I just never feel like my drawings are any good. We're supposed to be using color in this assignment, so hopefully once that happens I'll do better, since I have a little bit better luck, I think, with color. I had to pick up more art supplies, because I didn't have everything I needed, and the new shipment finally came in at the book store. It's all expensive, but it's pretty exciting. I guess I can't expect to start out good at all this, but I'm just worried I won't do real well in the class. But like Mitch Ellykins told me, they can't really grade you down for not having a real knack for all of it. All they can really do is grade by effort, and no one can say I'm not trying.

Jokingly, I said I was thinking of going for an RA position next year... Shy Violet, one of my friends who actually is an RA, told me I should go for it... It's an interesting prospect, I'll give you that one.....

posted by Cat Named Eggroll @ 9:33 PM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Facebook Profile

     


    My Flickr Photos



    Powered by Blogger

    blogger counter