stacy was here (and probably spinning....)

 

 

eye

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stacy Was Here :
Back at the Beginning

Monday, July 30, 2001

Nothing much has happened lately. Still no job, but I've pretty much given up on that one, seeing as I go back to school in a few weeks, no thanks to those wretches in the financial aid department who can't understand why I have a problem with them. Oh well, let them accumulate bad karma. I have the documentation to back up my complaints, it just happens to be in a storage facility in Pittsburgh right now.

Thinks have been ok besides that. The psychologist has stopped talking to me about myself or my family - now when I get in there, we talk psych theory and other academic stuff. It's kind of refreshing to talk to someone that educated. Not that I consider myself smarter than anyone, because I'm not. It just seems that, with a few admitted exceptions (you know who you are) I am more dedicated to the prospect of education than most of my friends and family. Sometimes when I talk to my mom, I get the feeling that she's intimidated by me in that arena, and it bothers me because I do have a lot of respect for her. Her education was limited because of inadequate spelling and grammar curriculum when she was young. Added to that is the fact that her family moved around a lot, so she was in a different school nearly every year. And besides, if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have the opportunities that I do now. She's the one who always pushed me to do my best in school. Hell, if I would have listened to her, I would have been valedictorian of my senior class.

I've been working on this new story... not sure where its going, exactly... maybe it will turn into something worth sharing, or maybe it will just be a good psychological exercise for me, not sure which just yet.

posted by Cat Named Eggroll @ 5:08 PM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Facebook Profile

     


    My Flickr Photos



    Powered by Blogger

    blogger counter