stacy was here (and probably spinning....)

 

 

eye

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stacy Was Here :
Back at the Beginning

Sunday, September 09, 2001

Life moves steadily forward here at school. The end of the week knocked me for a loop, I was just too busy and had to flake out of one of the things I was really wanting to do. Being busy is new to me, I guess, and my body needs time to adjust to it all.

The meeting on Friday went well, but the girl who came from Pitt turned out to be creepy and manipulative, so I don't think we'll be seeing her again. Two out of the three good friends from my school who went agreed with me. The third took a little convincing, but I think even she knows it's better for the group this way. We all need to be comfortable with this if it's going to do well, and I really think it will if we take things carefully. And as much as it would be nice to be able to "help" this girl, this group is not a therapy session. We're in this to achieve some rather lofty goals, so it's important that we maintain high standards about who we practice with.

Art class is going a little better. I have to draw one more view of my holly stem before tomorrow, but I think that wont be too difficult to accomplish. It still makes me nervous to know that this is being graded, but I think it will be good for me to stretch myself like this.

I went to the first meeting for the London trip I am taking in January, and can I just say that I am dying for January to get here?!?!? I am even really excited about the pre-course. This trip is going to be leagues better than the first one I took for a multitude of reasons. First, one of my good friends is going. Second, we are studying the history of London, and studying architecture before we go, along with a couple of sketching workshops. I think it will give the trip more purpose and depth this way, which I am really excited about because we didn't do ANY of that the last time I went... it was a totally different type of trip last time. Finally, I'll be there nearly twice as long as last time, so I'll be able to dig deeper anyway.

Well, it's off to the drawing board... literally. I wonder if it's cheating to take a picture of it with my digital camera, print that out, and then draw from that?? hmmmmm.....

posted by Cat Named Eggroll @ 5:26 PM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Facebook Profile

     


    My Flickr Photos



    Powered by Blogger

    blogger counter