stacy was here (and probably spinning....)

 

 

eye

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stacy Was Here :
Back at the Beginning

Friday, January 11, 2002

Today we took the train out to Cambridge and spent the entire day there, and all I can say is that it is the most beautiful city that I have ever seen... EVER!! The University, which is pretty much the base of the town, is also amazing. I just stood there in awe. There is a church there that dates back to before the Norman invasion... Yikes! It's so astounding to go from someplace like the U.S., which seems wet behind the ears when you see things as ancient as I saw today. The church at King's College (which is part of Cambridge University) was begun by Henry VI, with very simple architecture, finished by Henry VII with more ornamental design, and the stained glass windows, which are nothing less than a brilliant and gigantic work of art, were comissioned by Henry VIII. Henry VIII also added the carved wood screen, which is carved with the initials H + A, from the time when he was still with Anne Boleyn. Wow...

posted by Cat Named Eggroll @ 11:19 AM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Facebook Profile

     


    My Flickr Photos



    Powered by Blogger

    blogger counter