stacy was here (and probably spinning....)

 

 

eye

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stacy Was Here :
Back at the Beginning

Thursday, March 28, 2002

The birds eye view is a very interesting perspective. Looking out on the city of Pittsburgh, it occured to me how unlikely it is that I'll ever be back here for any real length of time. It also occured to me how little of the city I've really seen. Maybe that's the difference between L.A. and here. L.A. and southern california became stagnant to me because I had seen everything the was to see, and when the view never changes, and isn't that awe inspiring to begin with, it all gets old really quickly. Contrast that with Pittsburgh, which is stagnant to me even though I have seen very little of it. This place is at once mysterious and tepid to me. I've been here for two years, and I'm still at the description Phug gave me two years ago... "*shrug* it has a nice airport." I've come to the conclusion that it's not bad, as cities go. It's not especially boring or dull, the people aren't any worse than other people. It's just that this place doesn't give me what I need from a living environment. I need someplace that will hold my attention enough to warrant some good exploration, and especially offer some good thinking spots. Also, not being gray for 9 months out of the year would be nice, too, though I can deal with that. Ultimately, I'm saying it's really me being picky rather than Pittsburgh really being undesirable.

I think I'd also like my life better if I had a finished copy in my hands. Maybe that's why in the past I've found books easier to stomach than real life, because with books you know that the ending is already written, and that the worry and anticipation are all in fun since the answer is there in your hands the whole time. Usually I know what's going to happen in my life too, but only with the mundane things. Any project I'm really invested in, I guess my higher functions get clouded and I can't see five inches from my nose. And naturally that's when I really want to know where things are going. If I had the final product in front of me, I could just skip ahead a few pages and see where my characters at a little while from now. I mean, even just a hint would be nice.

Here's me, being really impatient.

posted by Cat Named Eggroll @ 5:13 PM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Facebook Profile

     


    My Flickr Photos



    Powered by Blogger

    blogger counter