stacy was here (and probably spinning....)

 

 

eye

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stacy Was Here :
Back at the Beginning

Saturday, April 27, 2002

Mystery of my life, part deux.... Why is it that nothing happens on campus for ages and ages... and then they have three major event days in a row?

It started Thursday night with airband, senior skit, and tutorial bon-fire... fun times were had by all, and it was really great hanging out with my friends and dancing like maniacs. After that we took off to eat-n-park (for all my friends back home, think like Denny's), then headed back to campus for some much needed sleep.

Friday was Bucket and Blossoms day, when everyone on campus goes around planting flowers and shoveling s*$& everywhere. I was on photo detail, though, so I just had to make sure the whole thing was recorded on film. Now the campus smells like petting zoo. Oh wait, I forgot, it rained this evening, so now it all smells like wet petting zoo. That night was also Spring Fling (semi-formal dance.) It was fun, but now for a few observations:

1. Some people seem to confuse spring fling with high school prom. That's all I'm saying on this topic. Really.

2. Cotton-eyed Joe is a special kind of song. See, everyone will roll their eyes or profess to hate it until it plays while they are on a dance floor, when the truth is revieled. And that truth is that it is impossible to not dance while it is playing. And that everyone secretly loves it. I suspect this is because it gives everyone an excuse to dance like a bunch of drunken hillbillies.

3. My standards in food have dropped dramatically since I moved here. When dinner was served, the GBD exclaimed "It's WARM!!!", and dammit, I was almost as excited about that as she was.

4. Apparently "80's themed dance" means different things to different people. Like, for instance, the DJ, who not only did NOT play Whip It, but didn't even bring Material Girl.

5. How to earn my undying respect: wear tinsel on your head.

Then today I started out with a rehearsal for the one-act I'm in next week, and that went ok. After that was Fling on the Quad, and I was the designated tarot reader, if you can believe that. Of course, first I stopped by the woman who was making balloon thingys, and told her I needed a mystical tarot reading balloon hat, so for the rest of the afternoon I was the proud owner of the worlds largest, most obnoxious balloon hat ever made. Seriously. Like I'm not even exagerating at all. I also got to make tie-dyed socks. WooHoo! While I was reading cards for people, my friend won me a fish, so I now have a new pet, complete with new aquarium thingy. I'm naming him Mojo, because that song "Is your Mojo Working" was playing when he was delivered to me. Of course, the damn thing tried to commit suicide while I was at the pet store buying his new abode and food, but fortunately I seem to have gotten him back into the water on time as he's now being his fishy self. Not swimming around a whole lot at present... maybe he's sleeping? Eyes appear open however... do fish have eyelids? Interesting... figure it might be nice to have new fishy companion around. If he survives, my uncle might not let me take him back home, though, so if someone here wants a new pet fish, let me know. Heehee... ok, now he's making faces at me... I swear it... cute little bugger...

posted by Cat Named Eggroll @ 6:22 PM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home