stacy was here (and probably spinning....)

 

 

eye

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stacy Was Here :
Back at the Beginning

Saturday, April 13, 2002

Todays topic brought to you by the topics blog.

what is your ideal career path, if you've got one? is there anything you *never* want to do as a job?

This is a toughie, as there are so many things I want to do with my life. I'd like to be a college professor, and that's probably the long term career I'll steadily work toward the most, but aside from that, there are a lot of side projects that constantly roll around in my head. Phug and the Crown and I were supposed to launch our mag by now... hasn't actually happened yet, but I'm determined to work on it this summer. I think it would be amazing to run a magazine, bring together a lot of talented people and coordinate their abilities into a really entertaining, enlightening finished product. Not to mention all of the opportunities it would open up if approached correctly, including travel and moving in circles of creative people. In that same vein, I wouldn't really mind being a photographer, either, especially if I could do it well enough to shoot for a magazine like National Geographic or Time.

And now for something completely different... For a while now I've thought it would be really cool to own my own witchy shop... like with tons of herbs, homemade soaps and candles, all sorts of curious items... Maybe wander around in billowy clothing with a wizened, knowing look...

Of course, if I fail miserably at all of these, I'm going to either move to a tree house in Zimbabwe and photography apes for the rest of my life, or go to Europe and become a travelling street performer, my chief talent being composing limericks that begin "There once was a man from..."

And as for jobs I *wouldn't* want? Nothing in civil service or food service, and I really hate office work as it bores me to tears... so if I can avoid those, I think I'll be ok.

posted by Cat Named Eggroll @ 12:13 PM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Facebook Profile

     


    My Flickr Photos



    Powered by Blogger

    blogger counter