stacy was here (and probably spinning....)

 

 

eye

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stacy Was Here :
Back at the Beginning

Friday, April 12, 2002

Tried to post this last night, maybe it'll work now.

So I just got out of the shower, and my skin is really soft, and I smell like a bunch of Sweet Peas thanks to bath and body works... It's really nice, too, not nauseatingly sweet, and not at all alcoholish like some scented things... just soft, like the scent of flowers that has been spreading all over campus this week.

I spent today in a daze, mostly. Woke up to the sound of construction since they're installing a new parking lot next to my dorm. Oh, joy. Went to a meeting for job one that really could have been handled through emails. Not sure why they made me show up when nothing of any importance was actually said. Went to job two where the only thing on my plate was to email a bunch of people who've requested web help. Emailed them all then checked my email for replies every half hour or so, got one, and it didn't lead to any actual work, so mainly I spent 4 hours surfing the net, looking at stuff about medium and large format photography, posting in here, reading other peoples blogs, staring out the window periodically, and just being bored in general. Well, bored and a bit down, as staring at the computer screen tends to remind me that it's been a while since I last heard from M.L. Last word was that he's extremely busy, though, so I'm not really surprised, just missing him is all. Still working on propaganda package two, now with secret weapon.

After work went to dinner. As it turns out, someone was raped in another dorm last night. Then, after the guy raped her, he got the pulp knocked out of him by persons unknown, and it was so bad he got surgery for it today. hmmmmm... At the moment they don't suspect any of the students from my school of knocking him to within an inch of his life. The way I see it there are three possibilities, a) a chatham boyfriend found out about it and did the honors, b) the girl or her friends made a few calls and assisted outside parties in "gaining access" to the building, or c) chatham students did it, which isn't really impossible... I've seen some of the girls on this campus, and especially in that particular dorm... I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of them, let me tell you. So at the info meeting at dinner, the administration basically insinuated that the girl who was raped was responsible because she invited the guy to her room, and reminded us that the persons unknown must have been let in too as there was no sign of forced entry, and how we all need to be careful of who gets into our dorms. So let me get this straight. Someone comes in a beats the shit out of a rapist and I'm supposed to mourn the fact that they got into the building? Right, hold your breath on that one guys. Meanwhile, senor rapist hasn't even had charges filed against him, and it sounds as if the police are only dealing with the case of his assault, not the chatham students... this sound a bit phucked up to anyone but me? Methinks this womens college has some messed up priorities.

So the weathers been really nice for the past few days, and I've pretty much been leaving my windows open, only tonight that resulted in a plague of moths gaining entry to my room... (well, 2 moths, but seriously...) So I ushered the little buggers outside, where they may resume their moth-like duties in peace somewhere away from me. (Thats my policy with bugs... I try to get them out of my dwelling peacefully. If they don't cooperate, however, it's the shoe.)

Okay, now I've run out of things to say, so I'm going to bed now.

posted by Cat Named Eggroll @ 3:34 PM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Facebook Profile

     


    My Flickr Photos



    Powered by Blogger

    blogger counter