stacy was here (and probably spinning....)

 

 

eye

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stacy Was Here :
Back at the Beginning

Sunday, October 13, 2002

someone please help me.... I'm listening to REO Speedwagon and being nostalgic for the eighties.... *hangs head in shame* And now, because I'm bored and all that, and because of the fast-approaching arrival of out of state peoples to my home state, I present Stacy's Best of California:

** Why not start with my favorite Southern California beach? Corona del Mar has been the background for things like close encounters with dolphins, or the phos-faerie hunt with my little sister. Really cool beach, not because of great surf conditions or what have you, but just because it's incredibly beautiful, with unparalleled views at night. Most excellent.

** Caffe Luna, on Melrose in Downtown Hollywood. Excellent Italian food, excellent espresso beverages, and truly excellent patio for outdoor dining. Even white paper covering the tables, crayons provided. Invites many games of tic-tac-toe, or, depending on the company, plans to invade Europe. ;)

** Okay, so yeah, Disneyland. Obvious, no? Well, I'm a Disneyland freak, used to work there and everything, and I *love* the place still. Deal with it ;)

** Knotts Berry Farm... yes, another amusement park.. what can I say? I like amusement parks...

** Not far from where I live are the Aquarium of the Pacific and the Queen Mary. Both are very cool, and I used to work at the Queen Mary. Really awesome place, very very haunted. Was used extensively in WWII, then retired to Long Beach, CA. Now a hotel and touristy place to visit. Wouldn't mind staying there one of these days.

** The Museum of Tolerance... not exactly a rolicking good time, but still a really powerful place to visit. Oh, and while I'm on the subject of museums, there's also the Getty.

** Catalina Island.... really beautiful place to go, though somewhat expensive... Don't plan for more than a weekend...

** oh, yeah, and Hollywood, boasting of things like Graumans Chinese Theater, the Hollywood walk of fame, and of course, the sign.

Heading up north a bit, and we find:

** Big Sur.... some of the most beautiful coastline I have ever seen... and that's saying a lot seeing as I consider myself a fine beach connoisseur... Some excellent camping spots, as well.

** Santa Cruz... another place I would love to live in... kinda like Arcata, but bigger, and closer to civilization. Also, the Boardwalk... ever seen Lost Boys? Yep, that'd be it ;)

** the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum is very cool... has this mini version of a pyramid in it, complete with sarcophagus.

** the Winchester Mystery House.... the height of creepiness, beautiful victorian mansion with many odd.... safety features... and a really, really unfortunate website, I'm afraid...

** Monterey Bay Aquarium... yes, another aquarium... but what can I say? they're just so damned cool...

** next up is San Francisco, home of Pier 39, and of course, the infamous Castro District...

Heading up into my neck of the woods...

** Historical Ferndale, CA is a really neat little town, where they filmed the Majestic, with Jim Carey...

** and of course, there's always Trinidad State Beach... all sorts of lovliness there...

posted by Cat Named Eggroll @ 10:01 PM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Facebook Profile

     


    My Flickr Photos



    Powered by Blogger

    blogger counter