stacy was here (and probably spinning....)

 

 

eye

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stacy Was Here :
Back at the Beginning

Thursday, November 14, 2002

I feel like, slowly but surely, I am clawing my way out of the pit I have been in since I got here. For about the past week, I have felt a sense of even-ness, a consistency to my moods which has been severely lacking for a while now. I haven't been hitting the extreme highs and lows, merely staying at a nice level of contentment and acceptance of each day as it comes, and I feel more stable for it.

I met with the girl about the a capella group, and that was a rousing success. We got along well, which is a good place to start. We have similar taste in music, and she has a good voice. We sang together a bit, and it seems like we harmonize really well together. It will be easier to tell for sure once we rehearse a song long enough to get solid parts down. She said she's gotten another response, and that she will be meeting that person on Friday, and invited me to join them as well, which will be cool. Hopefully I'll be able to make it, and hopefully the other girl will mesh well with us as well. Already the dynamic between me and the first girl seems to be really equal, with mutual receptivity to ideas, which I think will make for a fun and productive project. Here's hoping it keeps going well. I am optimistic, especially since I haven't sung with anyone in a while, and singing with people makes Stacy happy.

Heehee... got up to my room and discovered I had a package waiting for me. Being that I am completely impatient, I walked all the way down to the post office to pick it up, even though it meant trudging up the hill for the second time today. It was worth it, for the package turned out to be a gift from the four-legged cute monster, and seriously, can you guess what it was? I am now the proud owner of a full length Timmy T CD!!!!!!!!! I just about flipped when I saw it. See, it's hard to find in stores, but apparently Amazon.com has it, and now it is in my hot little hands (well, my hot little CD player anyway.) Tee hee. Stacy = very pleased indeed.

Went to the doctors today to find out what they can do for me here on campus, and the answer seems to be tests, and not much beyond that. They wouldn't cover preventive measures to prevent me from getting diabetes, but I can get the dreaded pelvic exam out of the way (Stacy = decidedly not excited about said exam), and they'll test for anemia, blood sugar and all that glorious stuff. So my plan of action at this point is to get those tests done here, and take a copy of my medical file here back with me when I head home over Christmas break, and hopefully get in to see the doctor I saw in May/June, show her the test results and stuff and tell her what the health center here told me, and find out what she recommends. I'm also planning to get on Medi-Cal, as long as I qualify. It's pretty comprehensive coverage, from what I understand, and should be free seeing as I'm an impoverished college student with no money. Plus it will cover dental stuff too, which is good, because I need to get into a dentist. The one thing the doctor here did say is that I might want to switch to a cheaper birth control, since mine is relatively new and therefor very expensive. Not sure exactly how I feel about this. The one I'm taking has been good to me... no negative side effects, and very effective thus far. Of course, there's a big difference between spending $5 a month on the pill and $38 a month on the pill, so I'll be thinking about this. The good news is that, should I decide to stick with the one I've got, they should cover it on campus next year, so my cost will go down whenever that happens. I guess it depends on what kind of prescription coverage Medi-Cal offers.

So, oh my god, 8 days left. 8 DAYS! That is one week and one day. Tomorrow night at this time, it will be down to one week exactly. Time is going by quickly at this point in the game. Hopefully I can keep my mind occupied enough so that I don't go crazy in the next 8 days. So far, so good.

posted by Cat Named Eggroll @ 2:13 AM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home