stacy was here (and probably spinning....)

 

 

eye

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stacy Was Here :
Back at the Beginning

Tuesday, February 04, 2003

so today was a beach day... anyone from California will understand this, maybe those in other coastal states as well, but it was sunny, and the sky was blue, and there was a light breeze, just enough to keep it from getting anything like hot... and I'm walking around school, and I can smell the ocean, smell the salt water smell, like at shoreline village or Corona Del Mar, or Newport Beach... and it's one of those days I wish I was on a boat out past the breakers, just there, surrounded by water, away from the sound of traffic or cities or anything like that.

'course, I had class and all that... sooo no ocean for Stacy.

took that test in my Dostoevsky class (btw, I added large assignments to my calendar, if anyone wants to see how much work I've got coming my way)... it was one of those tests that you absolutely cannot study for, like on philosophy of the book or how this concept influenced the book, and blah blah blah blah... and this effing test is 10% of my grade and the prof made it sound like it was just a formality to make sure we had read it... and I might of done okay, but I also might have done horrible, and right now I'm just going to take a moment of silence to wish evil on him.....

went to bio, but since the lecture is just a rehash over what I've read on my own and I'm not having problems understanding, I sat and listened and crocheted the whole time, sitting against the back wall... I didn't take notes because I might as well have copied my reading notes over. it was kind of nice, and just as easy to listen...

went to the track after lunch, walked a mile and a half, and ran into Margie... I might get into her water aerobics class, but if I do I'm going to audit it so that I don't have to worry about units or credit/no credit, or attendance, or any of those things which might make it resemble a class. I don't know though... I got back to my room and took a nap which ended up being about an hour longer than I had set out for, because I just couldn't wake up... I had just enough energy to turn over and whack the alarm clock, but as far as any other movement, it just wasn't happening. I felt like someone had beaten me with a 2x4... maybe I won't take the class... or maybe I'll try it on Thursday and see, and talk to my academic advisor tomorrow to see what her thoughts are... hell, for all I know she won't even allow me to take it, so that would make the decision easy, no?

so I woke up from my nap and went out, and there's a slip saying I have a package waiting for me, and at first I didn't know what it was, and then I remembered... oh please, let it be the tickets, oh please oh please oh please... and it was for that and that alone that I walked down the effing hill again, knowing damn well it meant a return trip up the effing hill, but I got the package, and it's the plane tickets...

and all I can think right now as I try to drag my tired brain over Vanity Fair is

oh. my. god... the tickets are in my hands... I'm actually going to see him in 39 days...

posted by Cat Named Eggroll @ 7:29 PM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Facebook Profile

     


    My Flickr Photos



    Powered by Blogger

    blogger counter