stacy was here (and probably spinning....)

 

 

eye

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stacy Was Here :
Back at the Beginning

Sunday, August 24, 2003

So now that I'm settled in a bit, I suppose it's time I made a proper entry, no?

Things are okay, all things considered. Michelly is my roommate this year, so that should mean minimal stress on the housing front, plus Lili is a few doors down in a single, and there is a large living room to unwind in, so things should be good. My classes start tomorrow, and I'm in for one busy semester. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday shouldn't be too bad. I have classes from 10am to 5pm, with a 2 hour break and a 3 hour break. Tuesday and Thursday will be worse, as thats when my labs are... so I have classes from 8am to 5pm with only one half-hour break... ARGH... it's going to kill me, really. Hopefully I'll be able to get out of lab a little early each day just so I have some time to preserve my mental stability. I have an english class between labs, so at least it's not constant lab-ness. Also, one hour of that is for my supplimental instruction job, so while I have to go and pay attention and take notes, it's not a class I'll be graded in, and I've done it before, so not too bad really.

All in all I feel pretty good about being back here. It's going to be a tough semester, but I think I can make it, and after this, if all goes well, I'll feel like a legitimate bio minor instead of a fledgling science person. Does that make sense? I was flipping through my Chem 109 lab manual, and a lot of it looks familiar, so barring anything unforseen I think I might be able to do well in that class. Bonus is that a bunch of people in the AI living environment with me, including one of my suite mates, is in Chem 109 this semester, so we'll be able to form a study group. Woot.

I'm aching really bad to be home with Fuzzy though, and it's worse than it's ever been. We spent almost an entire month together, which may not sound like a lot, but considering that a) it's the longest we've ever spent together, and b) we were living together and spending the majority of our time together, it's still a lot. I got so accustomed to sleeping next to him, and just being able to kiss him and reach out and touch him, or just to being near him, and now it's a real shock to my system to be far away from him again. It's a little different now because he's living at my house, looking out for my little sister and my mom, waiting for me to come home. I sort of feel like I'm letting him down, because he moved out here to be closer to me and here I am 12 hours away, but we both knew this was coming. I just didn't know that the separation could get any worse than it was before, but it has, because now he's in my house and for the first time ever it actually felt like home.

I have stuff to put on my walls, but not enough. Send me pictures and postcards to help me fill the empty spaces. Nice, long, heart-felt letters are also always appreciated.

posted by Cat Named Eggroll @ 10:44 PM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home