stacy was here (and probably spinning....): so, yeah.... insomnia

 

 

eye

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stacy Was Here :
Back at the Beginning

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

so, yeah.... insomnia

Things continue to go well for me here this semester. I've been more social in the past two weeks than I have been in a very long time, mostly due to the group of girls I live with. These are cool people... people I would party with without fear, people I would choose to live with again in a heartbeat. I was talking to one of them the other day about how nice it is to finally have a really great living environment, and she agreed and said that it feels like it's always been this way, and I think that's really the best way to sum it up for me as well.

It's looking more and more like I'll be up here again next year to start a Biology degree. In fact, the plan is now to aim for sooner rather than later, and the details seem to be shaping up thus, at least as told to me by Fuzzy: he somehow got Phug wanting to come up as well (which I think is a fabulous idea, a) because he's one of the people I would feel comfortable living with and b) this just seems like a good place for Phug, based on what I know of his personality from our friendship of over 10 years... it's laid back, low stress, with a lot of cool people and opportunities around...) and the basic jist is that the two of them will save up money, I'll find us a place, and they'll come up a little after Thanksgiving. Now, we have to wait and see if it's even feasible for Phug to move that quickly or at all, but I am so excited about this plan because if it happens it will be truly stellar... we could throw swanky dinner parties and have a garden and not live with anyone remotely like my grandmother. And for once in my life there is somewhere I really want to be, at least for a few years, and having Fuzzy and Phug both up here would be stupendous for a lot of reasons. So, yeah, send us some happy moving vibes if you can ;)

Tomorrow marks the official begining of SI this semester, and I'm all set with fliers to hand out and raring to go. I have more ideas to get more people coming this year, and now that I know I will probably be back in a semester or so, I am so excited to invest as much in this class as I can. Hopefully if it doesn't sink in for the students tomorrow, it'll sink in later when they're sifting through their papers and such.

Speaking of being social, would you believe that I went to a party on Saturday afternoon? The biggest I've been to in my whole college career even. It was my suitemates tea party, but it was the coolest tea party ever because there were about 40 people there and a lot of lively conversation and tasty munchies. I met a lot of really cool people. Then the same day I went to the first football game of the semester. I haven't been to a football game since high school, when they made me go to the football games.... It was fun, and our team wiped the floor with their opponents (we even got a 53 yard touchdown, woot woot), winning 42 to 14. As Fuzzy put it "The Lumberjacks cut down the Oaks" (insert cheesy drum riff here.) I went with three of the foreign exchange students, and I'm sure the people around us got a kick of me trying to explain football, but I did my best. Then, after that (yes, even more socializing!) a bunch of us went back to my suite and watched Eddie Izzard. All in all I had a really great day/night hanging out with people and not shying away from social interraction. It's making it hard to talk to Fuzzy as much as I'd like, and the balance is ellusive so far, but I'm sure things will even out soon. Last night I taught two of my suite mates to knit and we watched a movie. Then tonight, I just hung out and talked with two other suite mates. I swear if things stay this good and then Fuzzy and Phug move up, this will go down in history as one of the best times of my life.

posted by Cat Named Eggroll @ 1:43 AM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home