stacy was here (and probably spinning....): FINE!

 

 

eye

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stacy Was Here :
Back at the Beginning

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

FINE!

So, per Anthony's bitching, I will now make a post. I make no claims as to how good this post will be, because I don't know exactly what I'm going to write about yet, because not much ever really happens in my life. When stuff does happen, it's generally work related, which is a whole 'nother journal, one that I can't share with the general public.

We move next Tuesday, and I'm in that stage where you say to yourself "I don't have that much stuff, and most of it I need on a daily basis, so I'll just pack everything over the weekend." Now, experience dictates that I do, in fact, have a mountain range worth of crap to pack, since packing up my single dorm room took the better part of a week, and now we are in a 1 bedroom apartment, so I know I should be packing frantically already, but me? Still way delusional. I'll fit in well with the crowd down at good ole Crazyville Gardens.

So I just finished rereading books 1-5 of Harry Potter, since the new book is coming out soon, but seriously? That's still a month away, and now it's going to be even harder to wait. I've discovered that I become totally irate while I'm reading book 5, because I get so damn angry with certain characters and events that it's like I'm actually living them, and she does such a good job of capturing the irrationality of teenagerhood that I start feeling like one again, and I become this iritable, angry person. *sigh* And I'm torn over whether or not to get the special edition that comes with the extra illustrations and stuff. I know $42 is a lot for a book, but technically the real price is $60, so it's sort of a bargain, right? And it'll probably appreciate in value, right? right? I am such a dork. Any other HP fans out there who can identify with me on this? I also recently acquired the second two movies, so now we have all three. Woot.

I found Otter Pops at the grocery store last week, and Chris made fun of me because I was so damned excited about it, but I used to have them all the time when I was a kid, and I hadn't seen them for years. But now? Fuzzy is totally an Otter Pop addict. He won't admit it, of course, but seeing as he's been eating like 5 of them a day, and practically skips to the freezer for them, I'd say that's a dead giveaway. Anyone else remember Otter Pops from their childhood? It's strange how silly things like that can bring back a flood of memories, really, stuff I just never think about.

I'm actually kind of excited about the move, because now I'll be back in town and closer to school and work and my friends, etc etc. AND much closer to AP&D for phone in, take-out orders. woot.

posted by Cat Named Eggroll @ 11:18 AM   5 comments

5 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's right woman! you do what i say! *SMACK*

hehe, j/k! dont hurt me!

I remeber otter pops; i remember my mom wouldnt let us have them very often. she was trying to get us to eaty healthy. a lot of good that did huh. (on a related note: YAY APD!) thats all i really got to say, so i shall bid you adieu.

ADIEU!

(i wonder if i spelled that right....)

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Cat Named Eggroll said...

ah ah ah! *wags finger* remember, it's AP & D, lest we get the fine eats establishment confused with other locations of interest. ;)

dood, and if you come up here, I promise there will be otter pops o'plenty. just sayin.

 
At 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember that Otter Pops were hard to find in Pico Rivera... only the market on Telegraph near the Santa Fe Springs post office seemed to carry them in sufficient quantities. Oh, but when you could find them... :::drools:::

Hey, and you didn't post anything about the tsunami warning! That was more thrilling than the sashimi warning that hit my house earlier this week. :::Shakes head::: And you're supposed to work in the public's interest?!

Speaking of reliving teenagedom, are you now angry again about the Martian poem? Somehow, that incident came up in conversation last night while I was making rice pudding (which I highly recommend you do sometime).

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Cat Named Eggroll said...

bwahahaha... there are currently about a bajillion boxes at the nearest grocery store... I think I'll go stock up for when you visit.

no, I am not angry about the martian poem, I am now angry that my bad prepubescent love drivel ruined your beautiful poem about martians. you know, I've never actually had rice pudding?

and, just for you, I will make a post on the tsunami warning.

 
At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many thanks for the tsunami post!

For your benefit, and the benefit of your readers, here's a good rice pudding recipe.

Ingredients:
6 cups cold whole milk
2 cups water
3/4 c. long-grain white rice
3/4 c. white sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Ground cinnamon to garnish

Process:
1.) In a 2.5 quart (or slightly larger) pan, bring the milk to a gentle boil over low heat. Stir frequently to prevent burning.

2.) In another 2 quart pan, boil water, then add rice. Simmer until rice is soft and all water is gone.

3.)When milk is boiling, add rice slowly to milk, stirring gently. There will be far more milk than rice at this point; this is normal. DON'T PANIC!

4.) Stir in sugar, then vanilla.

5.) Increase heat slightly and stir regularly: every 2 to 3 minutes. Bring a book or some music; this part takes a while. Depending on heat and pan construction, rice-milk will gradually thicken over the next 30 to 90 minutes.

6.) When rice is easily visible on top without stirring and mixture has consistency of medium-thick porridge (you've made a form of condensed milk, basically), turn off heat and transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl or 2 quart casserole. Cover with saran wrap and let chill in fridge for 6 hours.

7.) Spoon chilled mixture into bowls, top with cinnamon, rock out.

Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 8 hours
Yields approx. 2 quarts

 

Post a Comment

<< Home