stacy was here (and probably spinning....)

 

 

eye

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stacy Was Here :
Back at the Beginning

Monday, October 01, 2001

I got back into class today, and things are mostly normal. The glasses I bought are only good for reading -- if I wear them any other time, I start to get dizzy, so in class I have to wear them low enough so that I can look over them. I feel so old, like one of those stereotypical secretaries whining "next!" Hopefully I can get my eyes checked soon so I can avoid being like this much longer.

I had an abreviated chat with Dr. Adam today. I was summarizing my financial difficulties and the fact that I'll now be able to stay the whole year, and he said of my loans that one day I'll be a rich lawyer and laugh back on it all. I told him that I'm going to be an "impoverished College Professor," and he said that someone once described college professors as "genteel poverty." I like that phrase. You can't really be "lower class" if you have that much of an education. No matter how destitute you are monitarily, you still fit in to the more elevated circles by virtue of your knowledge, at least the way I see it. At any rate, it was an interesting conversation, as conversations with Dr. Adam always are.

I was also noticing that my school seems to have more than it's fair share of brilliant english faculty. All of the English professors that I've had here have been wonderful, some are even downright entertaining. I think part of the reason that I'd be so devistated if I couldn't afford to stay here is that I am receiving such a great education here. Even in their off days, my professors never fail to inspire me in some way. And that is something that I don't think you can get at a huge university.

posted by Cat Named Eggroll @ 11:01 AM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Facebook Profile

     


    My Flickr Photos



    Powered by Blogger

    blogger counter