stacy was here (and probably spinning....)

 

 

eye

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stacy Was Here :
Back at the Beginning

Tuesday, October 15, 2002

So today has been decent.

I woke up at a nice and comfortable ten am. Roommate was absent for class, made an interesting phone call that I must say gave the day a nice start. tee hee.

Left, headed to the student store, picked up a truly excellent sweatshirt, way comfy and warm. Plus it was on clearance sale, $15 off the original price, so bonus... I've been wearing it all day, and I'm all snuggly from wearing it. Woot, indeed.

Got to Anthro, and FINALLY got my test back. See, I was kinda worried about it because I didn't do that hot on the first test (B), which fortunately didn't count for much. So I got a 95%, woot woot. Then he said that two groups had to stay after everyone else left, and I was in the first group. Someone asked what the group was for, and he said they were students that they felt they could help out the most and all that, so I'm thinking shite, I get an A and I need help? Like what's that all about? So we go over the test and I zone out and write in my paper journal about... stuff.... and all that, and finally everyone else leaves and the people in the group stay after. Turns out they've used the test to chose the best and the brightest, and they're putting us into an intensive/independant study group so that we can move away from this basic definition/covering the basics bullshit and really have a chance to discuss the issues in depth and get more out of the class. It means more written assignments and such, but we'll be exempted from taking the exams and wont even have to go to class sometimes. He said that from our tests it was obvious that the rest of the semester with the normal class would be a bore to us, and that even though it's a 100-level ge course, he could tell we're the type of students who would do better to get more out of the semester, and that he knew we'd wind up with A's anyway, so this is a better option. I am SO excited about this. I could tell I was in the presence of fellow nerds when everyone started grinning about the idea. This has major coolness potential.

Looks pretty damn certain that I'll be heading home for Thanksgiving Break, which is mostly good. Not looking forward to the long drive, but I miss my sister like burning, and it means that WendyandAndy will likely come out to visit. Mucho wootage for that. I miss Wendy like burning too.

Updates coming, soonish like

posted by Cat Named Eggroll @ 10:53 PM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Facebook Profile

     


    My Flickr Photos



    Powered by Blogger

    blogger counter