stacy was here (and probably spinning....): sigh

 

 

eye

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stacy Was Here :
Back at the Beginning

Thursday, July 07, 2005

sigh

So, yes, Anthony, one of the visits is from you, so you better not flake out because I'm way looking forward to it, and I'm even perusing the want ads for you...

The other one is a close encounter of the Phug kind, in early September. Totally effing excited. He'll be the first of my southern CA friends to make the journey up here, so all y'all northcoasters best be nice to him.

Also, I am so effing depressed about the bombs in London. Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with people? And I don't know if this is messed up or not, but seeing the pictures, the background, you know, of the city and places I've been and seen, it's making me miss being there really bad, and it's devastating in a way that 9/11 wasn't, because I've never been to NY, so it wasn't quite so familiar to me. The photos by Kings Cross especially make me remember my last trip there, getting on the train to go to Cambridge, or just mucking around town. To be honest, now that my career path is taking me in a hugely marketable direction, one where advanced degrees can lead places besides academia, and the possibilities of immigration are much more possible, I wouldn't mind moving there. I'm just tired of being an American.

posted by Cat Named Eggroll @ 3:22 PM   2 comments

2 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I'm just tired of being an American."

amen sista. don't get me wrong. i love america. it's an incredible, and diverse country but these days it seems that it's a country just for a few, not for all. so much potential wasted.

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Cat Named Eggroll said...

Seriously... ever since Bush got elected, I feel like the butt of some colossal joke... I feel like immigrating elsewhere would give me a chance to get my dignity back, you know? I feel dirty every time I see his smarmy face on TV... ask Chris, every time he comes on the first thing I do is change the channel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home