stacy was here (and probably spinning....): trying not to let my head asplode

 

 

eye

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stacy Was Here :
Back at the Beginning

Monday, October 09, 2006

trying not to let my head asplode

Time to prioritize, seeing as how I've been having panic attacks and just generally feeling like I'm going to run screaming for the hills any minute now.

Things that I need to focus on right now:
*studying for anal chem, genetics, forensic anthro.
*doing my work in small, manageable increments so that I'm not trying to blast through several chapters all at the same time.
*keeping up on things so that I don't feel like I'm at the bottom of a hole that is getting deeper all the time.
*giving myself permission to not be perfect, to take time for myself, to take care of myself.
*being healthier, mentally and physically.
*enjoying mentoring.

Things to focus on soonishlike:
*filling out peace corps application. I'm setting myself a deadline of October 20th. (note: need to find resume, contact Chatham and HSU re: what loans do I have out.)
*getting ready for Christmastime family visit.
*think about schedule for next semester. need to find good balance between not wasting time and not killing myself slowly. think good classes would include evolutionary medicine, Diane's intercultural communication class, maybe a psych class, and maybe MAYBE genetics lab.

Things to focus on not now, maybe a little farther down the road:
*is peace corps right decision for us?
*what do I want to do in grad school?
*do I even want to go to grad school?
*what kind of job might I enjoy that would also allow me to support my family?
*what are my goals in life?
*what can I reasonably expect from myself?

posted by Cat Named Eggroll @ 1:37 PM   1 comments

1 Comments:

At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

peace corpse? sounds a bit extreme. what about the “Ladies Auxiliary Federal Code Enforcers” or “The 8th Annual Pacifist Jamboree – Volunteer Staff: Food Tent Battalion” or the Cub Scouts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home