stacy was here (and probably spinning....): update, sort of, and the friday5

 

 

eye

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stacy Was Here :
Back at the Beginning

Saturday, May 30, 2009

update, sort of, and the friday5

So this last week, my mom and I flew back to NY, rented a U-Haul, filled it with my stuff, and drove back to CA in it.  I am tired, and it turns out I have way too much shit, go figure.  But still, it's good to have my guitar and my cello back, my spinning wheel, and just generally to feel like this thing is one step closer to done with.  Sometimes you think you want something to be a certain way, and then when it turns out to be that way you find that it wasn't what you wanted at all.

We got to stop and visit with Phug, which was awesome because I haven't seen him in months and months, and plus Michigan is pretty when its not covered in snow, and when you don't have to go outside with the bugs much.  That was undoubtedly the highlight of the trip.

Also, there's a cool museum thing in Kearny, Nebraska (pronounced "carnie", as in "small hands, smell like cabbage").  From the outside it looks like a bridge to nowhere over a pretty uninteresting part of highway 80, but it's actually really damn cool on the inside.  If you're ever driving across the country, you should check it out.

Ended up bringing Falkor back because she was literally dying.  She has a terrible mouth infection (mouth rot or stomatitis), and it was messing up her eyes and even errupted out of her little face :(  She couldn't see, so she couldn't eat, and she had wasted down to less than half of her former self.  So we loaded her up, and took her to a vet in Michigan (thanks to the overwhelming generosity of Phug, who probably saved her life singlehandedly), and now she's on meds and I am nursing her back to robusticity using this stuff called Repta-aid, which is like reptile baby formula.  She's being a model patient, eating and taking her medicine very well, better than I had anticipated, and I think I'm seeing marked improvement.  Here she is soaking in an ice bucket at one of the hotels we stopped at:


So now we are back, I am wading through a see of crap (even though most of it is still in the UHaul, there's already waaay too much stuff in my room.)    Time to reassemble my life, once again.

Also, friday5:

  • What is the longest you’ve gone between haircuts?
    Like professional haircuts?  Or self inflicted?  If the former, I've gone years.  If the latter, probably months at a time.
  • What is the shortest hour of the day?
    Any hour spent doing fun things, or the hours after you get out of working.
  • What is the longest line you’ve ever stood in?
    Not sure, but I imagine Disneyland or the DMV were involved, somehow.
  • Who’s your shortest adult friend?
    hmmm... I don't think most of my friends are short, but maybe my moms friend Carol
  • Who among your current friends have you known the longest?
    Lets see:  Michelle and Phug I've known since junior high, which would be about 17 years now.
  • Labels: ,

    posted by Cat Named Eggroll @ 11:45 AM   1 comments

    1 Comments:

    At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Once you have all your worldly possession stuffed into a box or a Square Peg for this matter, and realize your trying to fit a square peg into a round hole; you then have to take a chainsaw to your life to make them fit. Makes you realize and prioritize the things that are most important to you in your life. Kind of like the if you were stuck in a deserted island what would you need/take. In a sense this is sort of your island at the current moment. Its never a fun thing to do. Interesting Friday 5. Also a pleasure to read my friend.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home