stacy was here (and probably spinning....)

 

 

eye

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stacy Was Here :
Back at the Beginning

Saturday, August 31, 2002

So week one has come and gone, and it's strange. I always figured Chatham was a challenging school and all, but after going through the first week of the English courses here, I'm finding myself probably a bit more prepared than my classmates, so bonus on that. It's kind of strange how well my professors match their subjects. My history teacher wears these black shoes with a small wedge heel and her hair up in the same bun every day. She's regimental, much like one pictures history. My Anthro prof is laid back and meandering, reflective, inquisitive... very Anthropological, I guess. And my English profs are all about stimulating dialogue, asking questions, tearing answers apart for meaning, and putting them back together in another way.

The roomie situation has evened a bit, and some things have been cleared up that make a big difference, so the situation is not nearly so dire at this point. But I am still dying for Wendy to be here. I swear in some way she's like the twin I didn't know existed. I miss having someone shudder when I sing "High Enough" in that 80's stadium rock style, or digging in their backpack for a cold can of pepsi... or just sitting on the floor beside my chair and putting their head on my knee. But in the interest of her liking it here, I am slowly working "woot" into the vocabulary of everyone I meet.

And now, some random thoughts going through my head at 2am when I can't sleep...

Is it irrational to want a lizard just because I'm allowed by the school to have one?
Drawing rings on arrows with a sharpie will induce headaches.
It is possible to fry beef stew.
How is it possible that everywhere I walk on this campus is uphill, no matter what direction I'm going in?
Am I really the only person in this dorm complex who doesn't smoke pot?
Does the fact that I know all the words from Nightmare Before Christmas say more about my personality than I'm ready to admit?
321 Contact should still be on TV, dammit. I miss MathNet.
At some point this weekend, I will consume a salad.
How can someone not like Frankenweenie?
I cleaned my room/unpacked more. Any bets as to how long it'll last?
I have a column of postcards on my wall. Send me postcards so I can make another column.

Thank you, I believe I am finally tired, that will be all.

posted by Cat Named Eggroll @ 2:02 AM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Facebook Profile

     


    My Flickr Photos



    Powered by Blogger

    blogger counter