stacy was here (and probably spinning....)

 

 

eye

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stacy Was Here :
Back at the Beginning

Sunday, September 01, 2002

So here's an interesting tidbit for you... in Humboldt County, you can go through both Samoa and Manila in the space of 30 minutes. You can buy garlic fries from a bunch of staunch republicans. And you can drive down to the beach, watch the sunset, and then look up into the sky and see the biggest array of stars I have ever seen in my life. There's no smog up here, and if the night is clear, no fog.... And it's not like the beaches near big cities where the lights from civilization keep you from seeing the stars. When it gets dark here, it gets dark, so there's nothing to make the stars look pale.

So far, today promises more car-going adventures, this time I will be armed with my digital camera, and so hopefully a new slide show will be forthcoming. There are so many things here that everyone should see... huge, intricate victorian mansions, miles and miles of dark sanded beaches, forests full of coastal redwoods, and of course, the hippy culture up here, which never ceases to be interesting to me. So I guess we'll see what I come up with...

As far as life goes, well, it's interesting. Interesting, and laid back, and complicated, and forever keeping me on my toes.

posted by Cat Named Eggroll @ 11:07 AM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Facebook Profile

     


    My Flickr Photos



    Powered by Blogger

    blogger counter