stacy was here (and probably spinning....): 06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003
Stacy Was Here :
Back at the Beginning
Monday, June 30, 2003
I haven't got much time, but here goes:
* almost done with Poli Sci. looks like I'll have an A no problem, as long as I don't do astronomically bad on the final. so far, I've been setting the curve on everything that's multiple choice, so it doesn't look very likely.
* chem is going okay, just took the first exam and I think I did alright. made a friend in that class which is cool.
* switched my lab to the morning lab, from 8:30-11:20... Jen, if you're reading this, let me know if you want to carpool now that I can. I figure it will be easier on both of us that way. I'll be done every day by 2:30 at the latest (prolly more like 1:45, if the typical schedule tells me anything.)
* Fuzzy gets here in 28 days. 28 days 28 days 28 days.... I soo can't wait, I miss him so bad I ache like crazy. those 28 days can't go fast enough.
* Phug's s.o. has been amazingly kind and let me borrow his copy of Order of the Phoenix. seriously, Ben, I can't say thank you enough. 1,000,000,000,000,000 cool points.
* The Mamma got hives, which was very traumatic on Friday, but she's doing better now. Everyone send her happy, non-itchy thoughts, mmkay?
Well, they're flashing the lights and I'm pretty much done anyway, so I should get out of here. poll question: could you guys see me going into politics?
I hate LA. I hate the traffic, I hate the congestion, I hate how many freaking people there are.... *sigh* I spent the whole day driving around LA with Phug, and I swear if I never have to drive in that city again it will effing be too soon... I'm all worn out and tired and stressed and stuff... It just makes me want to sleep.
my grandmother fell today and isn't doing so hot. is it bad that I really don't feel anything either way?
had a somewhat wierd mini-convo with my mom today, which I suppose had to happen eventually...
another wierd dream last night, which I remember very little of... maybe I should stop sleeping with the tv on?
I am totally addicted to Law & Order, just so's you know.
today was okay, basically uneventful, though it did feature mexican food, ice cream, and ghost world.
oh, and my poli sci prof felt the urge to point out to the whole class that I set the curve on the exam. great... now I hafta worry about getting beat up in the parking lot.
oh, and eeeew of all eeeeews, I discovered a tupperware container with spam of indeterminate age in the kitchen, not in the refrigerator, and I am prepared to confirm that it's been sitting out for more than a week. I actually had to effing smuggle it out of the house to get rid of it because my grandmother wouldn't throw it away because she doesn't know how long it's been there, so she just left it there.... I smuggled it out after everyone was asleep and had Phug throw it in his dumpster, because I know if I threw it away in our trash can, even the one outside, it would still end up back in the house within a 24 hour period. ladies and gentlemen, my gene pool.
fuzzy, you say you can stand to live with my family... are you sure? do you really know what you're getting into? consider wisely... you've been warned.
by the way, the new Harry Potter book is coming out in a few days, and I would be so incredibly wooed/thrilled with anyone willing to get a copy into my hot little hands... me = terminally broke, so there's no hope of me getting one on my own... and I wanna know who dies, dammit!
so todays been a bit wierd, if not in actuality, at least in the details.
had a strange dream that revealed to me how much my attitude about things has changed. don't want to post about it because I have a feeling someone would bitch at me about it, just know that I feel happier after having it, though it did jar the hell out of me.
got my first test back in American Government, and I got the highest grade in the class, a 56/55, so woot woot. I feel pretty good about it, lets just hope I do okay in chem and American History.
M.E.: I'm writing you a letter, I swear, and I hope to finish it before I see you again. call me or email me or something, we'll dish.
so blogger is finally working, which is good because I was getting a bit pissy at it for not allowing me to publish for three effing days...
things are going okay. I'm not sure whats going on with my volunteering, but I'm going to call and bug them again next week so that I can get it all worked out. class is going alright, but I've been a bit lax about the reading... I don't think it'll be too bad, because he told s that 70% of the exams are on the lectures, and I've taken good notes and all that, so I should be ok. I'm still a bit bitter about the cost of the books, but nothing I can really do about it.
Other than that, not a whole lot going on. I wake up, hang around the house and do nothing until class time, go to class, come home, and that's about the extent of my fun. ah, summer... why exactly did I spend months looking forward to this? these are the other joys I have to keep me going:
- this house is dirty... like detestibly, unbelievably nasty dirty. every fucking thing in this house is dirty.
- and cluttered, did I mention cluttered? my family added on an extra room so I have a place to sleep, but my sister things its her play room, my grandmother thinks it's storage space, and my uncle thinks it's anything but mine, so yeah, not really any space that's mine, exactly.
- I swear, I tried to get along with her... I tried really hard, but my grandmother can get on my fucking nerves without ever talking to me, and I swear she's going to drive me clinically insane in a matter of weeks.
- I haven't been able to sleep through most of the nights I've been home. Instead I wake up about 4-5 times every night from nightmares, but I can't remember any of them when I wake up. effing wonderful, right?
meh... can something change already? like anything? please?
so meh... went to get books, $120 for one freaking class... I mean, another is going to be over $130, but thats chem, so it's to be expected... the one I'm in now is poli sci and 2 of the required books were written/put together by the prof, so the bastard is using our class to make a profit, and I cannot tell you how much that pisses me off. *fumes*
good lord, I just realized that between June 23, and July 30th, I'm going to be in class Monday through Thursday, 11:30 am and 9 pm.... plus I have to have time to volunteer in there some time. someone please shoot me, shoot me now.
today we went to a performing arts festival, which was pretty cool. got to see an amazing band do a blues show which was really cool... of course, despite my efforts to stay as far from the sun, I think I got too much heat because now I'm not feeling so great... oh well... that, and on the way home a car almost hit us head on going about 50 mph, so I'm kind of glad to be alive at this exact moment, and I think today has just been too much of an adventure for me.
my first class starts tomorrow, and it's American Government... not real excited about it, but I have to take it to graduate, so might as well get it over with in a month, right? I'll be taking American History and Chemistry later on, so there goes my summer, LoL. At least I'll be 11 units closer to graduation at the end of the summer.
things are going well at the ODC, but I have to miss the last part of training because of my class, at least most likely I'll have to miss it, not sure what the class will be like at this point. but even if I do have to miss it, it's alright, because I can still volunteer. I just hope they let me be an aquarist... not that talking to people about the tanks would be so bad, I just really want aquarist experience.
so far the summer is okay, laid back at least, even if it is to the point of being boring. most of my friends aren't around at the moment, so it means a lot of time at home, except when I get to hang out with Jen. only been to the beach once so far, will have to remedy that sometime soon.
I've been feeling really tired lately, and I hope I'm not getting anemic again. if I can find my vitamins or get some, I think I'm gonna start taking them again. hopefully it'll help.
anyone in socal wanna hang out? I need to get out of the house more... and Patrick, hurry up and get home, we soooo need to go driving in the hills or something.